My weekend date was a classic, Silsila. Believe it or not but I’d somehow never gotten a chance to watch this Yash Chopra creation. The film as I learnt later did not fare well at the box office though it had the best of the actors (Rekha, Sanjeev Kapoor, Jaya, Amitabh Bachan, Sanjeev Kumar).
In short, a few scenes in the movie…
· Got me feeling drowsy where the two couples (Rekha-Amitabh) and (Jaya-Shashi) sit around in the garden.
· Got me smiling. Yash Chopra was a born romantic.
· Got me thinking that ‘swearing’ in films was considered ‘cool & amusing’ even back then.
· Got me swinging, what would Holi ever be without Rang Barse.
· Got me humming. Neela Aasman, Yeh Kahan Aa Gaye Hum…a gorgeous flow of songs, one after the other.
· Got me thinking of the ‘bold’ cinema of those days. A child out of wedlock, an extra-marital affair, etc.
· Got me appreciating the colours of the gardens in Netherlands. Yash Chopra always had a fascination for exotic locales.
· Got me thinking if Bachchan would ever delight us by singing yet again!
· Got me giggling as I watched the hero in a sweater in the snow & the heroine dancing around in a sleeveless blouse & saree! Some things never change.
· Got me wondering if the movie would end differently if made today; considering we are living in the times of re-makes.
Have you seen the film too? I’d like to know what you have to say about it.